Welcome to the San Francisco Department of Human Resources (DHR). Our mission is to use fair and equitable practices to hire, develop, support, and retain a highly-qualified workforce. DHR’s empowered and diverse employees deliver excellent services to the City and County of San Francisco (City) community through innovation, collaboration, and human-centered values. DHR’s work includes administering the City’s civil service system, ensuring payment of workers’ compensation benefits to injured employees, negotiating and administering labor agreements, ensuring equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants, recruiting talent, training and developing the City workforce, and much more.
On this site you will find information on how to apply for a City job, City employee classifications, compensation, and labor agreements ("MOUs"), training opportunities for City employees, forms you may need for various human resources transactions, and more. If you don't find what you need, please contact us, and thank you for your interest in DHR.
Human Resources Director
Use fair and equitable practices to hire, develop, support, and retain a highly-qualified workforce.
The following values define DHR’s deeply held beliefs and the principles of our organizational culture:
- Trust, engage and value employees.
- Develop the workforce for career mobility and to ensure service delivery.
- Use technology to improve services and make information accessible.
- Use simplified, consistent and documented processes to improve knowledge.
- Develop and implement efficient, fast and user-friendly processes.
- Be an Employer of Choice.
- Start employees off right.
- Recognize employee achievements.
- Partner with others to solve problems.
- Diversity, fairness and equity.