Updates (as of 11/07/2017)
- The Online Tuition Reimbursement system is open.
- As of July 1, 2017 all reimbursements are processed via the SF Employee Portal. If you have a pre-approved FY 2016-17 tuition reimbursement, please submit these requests via the SF Employee Portal as soon as possible.
Employees represented by San Francisco Municipal Executives Association may utilize funds provided by the memorandum of understanding (MOU) every fiscal year for tuition, internal or external training programs, professional conferences, executive coaching, and professional association memberships, professional software, books and subscriptions, Personal Digital Assistants and laptop computers, and reasonable and necessary travel and lodging for approved training.
Please refer to the MOU for maximum reimbursement limits, restrictions, or other provisions that may apply.
Chapter 12X prohibits City-funded travel to states with anti- LGBTQ laws. Employees cannot use tuition reimbursement for travel expenses to the following states: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas. Click HERE to view memo from City Administrator Naomi Kelly.
- Gather supporting documentation to justify the expense (such as registration brochure, school invoice, membership invoice, travel quote, online screen shot, etc.).
- Log in to the DHR Tuition Reimbursement System to request pre-approval of your expenses.
- After MEA approval, the DHR system will automatically send an approval email.
- Gather supporting documentation.
- An itemized receipt from the vendor with zero balance to demonstrate what was purchased;
- Proof of payment documentation to demonstrate the employee incurred an expense; and
- Proof of successful completion (for courses and examinations) or proof of attendance for pre-conferences and conferences.
- Log into the employee portal located at http://sfgov.org/sfc/employee-gateway and submit an Expense Report for your supervisor and Department Accountant’s approval.
- Once approved, you will receive a direct deposit (made on non-payday Tuesdays).
To access the online tuition reimbursement program, click the link below or copy and paste the following address in your web browser,
https://tuition.hostedhr.com/users/login and the company code is sfgov."
If you are a new employee or have never used the online tuition reimbursement system, contact your Human Resources representative at your department. Please provide your job class and DSW ID to your representative, so he/she can create your account.
Click HERE to view a list of department representatives.
The equipment guidelines for MEA employees are as follows:
- Employees cannot purchase equipment until their pre-approval request is approved online by MEA.
- There is a $500 limit applied to all equipment requests. NEW
- There is a single device limit per manager per fiscal year.
- First time participants in the Equipment Program will be given priority for approval.
- MEA will then process member requests for equipment not previously purchased (e.g. phone if prior purchase was laptop).
- Finally, requests for replacements for equipment previously purchased will be processed assuming funds are still available.
- There are two categories of equipment to choose from A) Laptop/iPad/Tablet or B) Phone
- Laptops and tablets are considered the same kind of equipment.
- Accessories, warranties, desktop computers, and printers, are not covered by the MEA Equipment Fund
- There is a 60 day deadline once you have been approved by MEA to make the purchase and submit the proof of payment documentation.