NEW (As of 5/25/17): All FY16/17 pending reimbursement requests must be approved by the Department by Friday, June, 2, 2017. Any incomplete reimbursement requests or new reimbursement requests received by DHR after June 2nd will not be addressed until after July 3, 2017.
Employees represented by San Francisco Municipal Executives Association may utilize funds provided by the memorandum of understanding (MOU) every fiscal year for tuition, internal or external training programs, professional conferences, executive coaching, and professional association memberships, professional software, books and subscriptions, Personal Digital Assistants and laptop computers, and reasonable and necessary travel and lodging for approved training.
Please refer to the MOU for maximum reimbursement limits, restrictions, or other provisions that may apply.
Two-Step Process Summary
The online tuition reimbursement system is a two-step process, pre-approval and reimbursement.
- The employee will log into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System and ensure his/her job classification and department are correct.
- The employee must upload estimated expenses to support the requested amount (for example, a conference registration form) into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System and submit a Pre-Approval Request. If the pre-approval request includes travel and lodging, please upload the documentation listed on the documentation checklist.
- After MEA approval, the employee may incur the expense.
- After the employee incurred the expense, the employee will log into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System.
- The employee will ensure his/her mailing address is up-to-date.
- The employee will upload an itemized receipt and proof of payment and submit a Reimbursement Request.
- Click HERE for information regarding proof of payment.
To access the online tuition reimbursement program, click the link below or copy and paste the following address in your web browser,
https://tuition.hostedhr.com/users/login and the company code is "sfgov."
If you are a new employee or have never used the online tuition reimbursement system, contact your Human Resources representative at your department. Please provide your job class and DSW ID to your representative, so he/she can create your account.
Click HERE to view a list of department representatives.
The equipment guidelines for MEA employees are as follows:
- Employees cannot purchase equipment until the pre-approval request is approved online by MEA.
- One electronic device per employee per fiscal year.
- First time participants in the Equipment Program will be given priority for approval.
- MEA will then process member requests for equipment not previously purchased (e.g. phone if prior purchase was laptop).
- Finally, requests for replacements for equipment purchased prior to July 1, 2012 will be processed assuming funds are still available.
- Laptop and tablet are considered the same kind of equipment.