DHR’s recruitment goal is to provide City departments with the highest quality candidates who reflect our diverse communities, while ensuring City job opportunities are open and fair to everyone. To achieve these goals, DHR continues to seek new avenues to reach top talent, encourage the growth of talent locally, and ensure it is operating within a merit system that keeps pace with the 21st century.
DHR has established a number of recruitment tools to benefit your department:
- DHR profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are available to broadcast your job postings to social media platforms;
- A new recruitment video is available that highlights City's employment and talent brand. View the video.
- A calendar of upcoming events and job fairs for participation by your department's recruiting efforts. View the Job Fair Calendar.
Recruitment Consulting Services
Another recruitment resource for City departments is DHR’s Recruitment and Talent Management Specialist, Ed Wong. He is available for recruitment consulting in any of the following areas:
- Social recruiting, employer and talent branding (ex: Career Page), marketing and advertisement strategy;
- Researching, sourcing, and recruitment outreach for difficult-to-fill positions;
- Developing targeted ad campaigns;
- Coordinating job fairs and recruitment events; and
- Identifying search services.
- Civil Service Rule 115 Brochure (PDF)
- Disability Etiquette - Judicial Council of California (PDF)
- Interviewing Courtesies for Effective Communications (PDF)
- Employing Persons with Disabilities
- Executive Search Pre-Qualified Consultant Pool
- Information about consolidated advertising rates with LinkedIn, Indeed and other sources.
- Job Fair Calendar
- MEA Miscellaneous Benefit Summary (FY16-17)
Contact Ed Wong at email@example.com or 415-557-4860.