Employees may utilize funds provided by the ordinance every fiscal year for tuition, internal or external training programs, professional conferences, professional association memberships, and desired licenses relevant to the employee's current classification.Employees must complete the General Tuition Reimbursement Form and have it signed by their supervisor.
Please refer to the ordinance for maximum reimbursement limits, restrictions, or other provisions that may apply.
Two-Step Process Summary
The online tuition reimbursement system is a two-step process, pre-approval and reimbursement.
- Before an expense is incurred, employees will complete a the General Tuition Reimbursement Form and obtain supervisor approval. The employee will complete one request form for one item. For example, one request for a course and a separate request for a license.
- The employee will log into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System and ensure his/her job classification and department are correct.
- The employee must upload the signed request form and estimated expenses into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System and submit a Pre-Approval Request.
- After department approval, the employee may incur the expense.
- After the course is completed, the employee will log into the Online Tuition Reimbursement System.
- The employee will ensure his/her mailing address is up-to-date.
- The employee will upload an itemized receipt, proof of payment and proof of successful completion (if applicable) and submit a Reimbursement Request.
To access the online tuition reimbursement program, click the link below or copy and paste the following address in your web browser,
https://tuition.hostedhr.com/users/login and the company code is "sfgov."
If you are a new employee or have never used the online tuition reimbursement system, contact your Human Resources representative at your department. Please provide your job class and DSW ID to your representative, so he/she can create your account.
Click HERE to view a list of department representatives.
Pre-Approval Request Form
The equipment guidelines for unrepresented employees are as follows:
- One electronic device per employee per fiscal year.
- Laptop and tablet are considered the same kind of equipment.
- Replacement equipment may be approved every other year. For example, if an employee purchases a laptop in the current fiscal year, the employee can request a new laptop in two fiscal years.
- Employees cannot purchase equipment until the pre-approval request is approved online by the Department. (Effective for FY15/16 requests).