The City and County of San Francisco (City) is dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, respectful, safe, and productive workplace for all transgender, gender-nonconforming, gender-nonbinary, and gender-transitioning employees, applicants, and contractors. Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based on gender, gender identity, and gender expression are not tolerated.
This website provides easy access to the Mayor's Executive Directive, "Recognition, Expansion, and Reaffirmation of Inclusive Gender Identities" and the City’s Gender Inclusion Policy. A set of tools to help transitioning employees, human resources representatives, and supervisors is also posted here. Those tools include Guidelines for Transitioning Individuals, Human Resources Professionals and Managers, a workplace transition template, a training presentation, and more.
- News Release! City and County of San Francisco Launches Gender Inclusion Policy for Transgender and Gender Nonconforming City Employees
- Executive Directive 18-03: Recognition, Expansion, and Reaffirmation of Inclusive Gender Identities
- Gender Inclusion Policy
Supporting Transgender Employees in the Workplace:
- Guidance for HR and Managers
- Guidance for Transitioning Individuals
- Workplace Transition Plan
- HR Checklist
- Gender Inclusion Policy Training
- Flyer for Employees
- Flyer for Supervisors and Managers