City University covers 2/3 of the tuition and applicable fees for courses taken through San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning. SFSU College of Extended Learning offers a variety of courses; however, courses taken through City University are limited to those that will enhance the skills needed to perform City jobs. A list of approved areas of study can be found below. If you have questions about whether a course will be paid with City University funds, contact Workforce Development at email@example.com or (415) 557-4840.
City University covers two-thirds of the tuition fees for courses in the following areas of study:
- Autodesk Training
- Data Analytics
- E-Learning Development
- English for Professional Purposes
- Geographic Information System
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Test Preparation
For a complete list of courses: www.cel.sfsu.edu
Instructions for Enrollment
- Complete the City University Participation Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form must be submitted prior to enrollment as it ensures that the course is paid using City University funds. You will receive a confirmation email with final enrollment instructions.
- After you receive the email confirmation from DHR, you must register for your classes by Staff-Assisted Phone Registration or In-Person Registration only. You may NOT register online. For information about registration, visit http://www.cel.sfsu.edu/register/
Seats are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Within five (5) days of your registration, you must pay your one-third portion of your tuition fees directly to SFSU-CEL. You will receive a receipt of payment from SFSU-CEL and DHR will pay the remaining two-thirds portion of your tuition fees to SFSU-CEL directly.
If you must drop a class, notify SFSU-CEL registration immediately and send a confirming notice to DHR at email@example.com. If you drop the class before the first day of class, you will be refunded your tuition fees.
If you drop the class after the first day of class, no refund will be given and you may be precluded from taking additional City University classes for a period of one year.