According to the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health, and the San Francisco County Health Officer, COVID-19 continues to pose a risk, especially to individuals who are not fully vaccinated, and certain safety measures remain necessary to protect against COVID-19 cases and deaths. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent transmission and limit COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths.
This webpage provides you with information about the vaccination requirements for all City employees, which require all employees to:
- report their vaccination status to the City no later than July 29, 2021, and if they are fully vaccinated, to provide documentation to verify that status; and
- be fully vaccinated and report that vaccination status to the City no later than either the applicable deadline under the San Francisco Health Order, if it applies, or 10 weeks after the Federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA) giving final approval to at least one COVID-19 vaccine (November 1, 2021).
All employees must provide the name of vaccine, date(s) of vaccination, and upload documentation into the People and Pay system. This information will remain protected under existing City standard procedures for keeping any protected information in your employee file confidential.
If you need assistance uploading your verification to the Employee Portal or have other related questions, please reach out to your department human resource representative.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
- Face Covering Policy for City Employees (08/03/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- San Francisco Safer Return Together Health Order
- Paper Certification of Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Status
(Note: Electronic submissions are preferred. Paper certification is only for new employees without PeopleSoft Access or those encountering technical challenges with electronic uploads.)
COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Request Procedure
- Determination on COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Request Form
- Declaration in Support of Employee Religious Exemption Request
- Employee Request for Reasonable Accommodation - Medical
- Employee Request for Religious Accommodation
- Health Care Provider Certification Form