The Department of Human Resources’ Employee Relations Division is responsible for developing and managing good working relationships with organized labor, and establishing a uniform and orderly method of communications between employee organizations and the City. Our responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- negotiating collective bargaining agreements;
- conducting meet and confers on matters that fall within the scope of representation;
- administering the provisions of all labor contracts, including implementing both economic and non-economic provisions;
- providing contractual interpretation and advice to department heads and managers;
- managing, investigating and resolving employee and union grievances;
- conducting basic labor transactions, such as implementing agency shop provisions, determining bargaining unit assignments and reviewing unfair labor practice charges.
News You Can Use
- Bargaining for new contracts that will become effective July 1, 2019 has begun!
- Citywide Vehicle Use Policy
- Citywide Vehicle Use Policy - Business Use Declaration
- Data for Labor
- Memoranda of Understanding
- Supervisor and Manager Dos and Don'ts Guide for Janus