Employee Safety During Wildfire Smoke
Wildfires have significantly impacted the San Francisco Bay Area in recent years. These fires have forced employees to evacuate their primary homes. Wildfire-mitigating Public Safety Power Shutoff events have cut power to employees' homes, sometimes for multiple days. Smoke from area fires has required additional precautions for our workers. In addition, during significant heat events, the City must take additional steps to ensure employee safety.
This page contains information for City employees, Department Personnel Officers, HR professionals, and managers with regard to employee safety and leaves during fire, smoke, PSPS, and heat events.
- Wildfire Disaster Declaration (08/24/20)
- CCSF Wildfire Smoke Notice (08/20/20)
- Employee Regional Disaster Support Program - Paid Time Off Request Form (8/26/20)
- Employee Safety During Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19 Memo (08/20/20)
- Guidance on Protecting CCSF Workers from Exposure to Wildfire Smoke (08/20/20)
- Heat-Related Illness Guide (08/20/20)
- Indoor Heat Guidance (08/20/20)