This webpage addresses:
COVID-19 Exposure and Testing Guidance
COVID-19 Sick Leave, Emergency FMLA, or Vacation
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is committed to maintaining City employee income security to the fullest extent possible, and to providing additional resources to employees who are providing front-line services.
Accordingly, as authorized in Mayor Breed’s Supplemental Proclamation dated March 31, 2020, the Human Resources Director and the Director of Transportation for SFMTA service critical employees are implementing the following emergency leave and benefit policy changes, effective April 1, 2020.
DHR works closely with the Department of Public Health to keep our workforce safe. Procedures and guidance are frequently updated to comply with Public Health guidelines.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols in the Workplace
- City Offices Safety Protocol (03/05/21)
- Face Covering Requirements At Work (08/03/21)
- Management of COVID-19 Workplace Investigations and Staff Notifications (11/22/21)
- Managing Outbreaks/Multiple Infections of COVID-19 (01/27/21)
- Requirements for Conducting Health Screenings for Employees (05/04/21)
Disaster Service Workers (DSW)
All City and County employees are designated by State law as Disaster Service Workers (DSWs). This means that when the Mayor declares a local emergency, employees may be deployed to different work sites than usual, or be asked to perform work duties or tasks that are different from their regular work responsibilities. As a DSW, you cannot refuse a DSW assignment when your department contacts you. However, if you are called to a DSW assignment, you will not be required to do work you are not qualified to do.
If you have questions about the responsibilities of a DSW, please speak with your department’s human resources representative. For more information on Disaster Service Workers click here for the Disaster Service Worker webpage.
DHR is committed to keeping our partners in labor informed as the response to COVID-19 continues to evolve. Labor partners will be directly updated from our Employee Relations Division and can also use The California Labor & Workforce Development Agency (LWDA) as a resource.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocol for Real Estate Division and Other City Departments and Agencies (03/13/20)
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs for CCSF Employees (08/27/21)
- COVID-19 Leave Procedures (04/13/2021)
- COVID-19 Leave Request Form (04/20/2021)
- Health Orders and Guidance in the Workplace (06/01/20)
- Message from Mayor London Breed on 24/7 Access to Counseling Services (04/08/20)
- Message from Mayor London Breed on Thank You for Your Service (03/18/20)
- Message from Mayor London Breed on New Public Health Order (03/16/20)
- Employee Notice - Travel Advisory (11/20/20)