Duration: 1 day
Cost: $250 (includes materials fee)
Target Audience: Supervisors and Managers, who are responsible for writing performance plans and performance appraisals
Instructor: Denise Van Alstine - (415) 551-8909
How will participants benefit?
- Understand the City’s planning process and expectations
- Draft a template for common areas of the performance plan
- Formulate key objectives
- Learn best practices for creating narratives and ratings
Every supervisor and manager has expectations of peak performers on their team, and yet unless employees clearly understand those expectations, how can they meet them? Performance plans provide the foundation for effective performance appraisals. Learn how to manage performance by establishing clear expectations and reviewing the work that was done through appraisals.
What are the participants saying?
- “The tips are useful. It helps to hear the language that a good and bad supervisor uses.”
- “I appreciated the examples provided to support new concepts.”
- “I would recommend other supervisors to take this to be consistent with understanding the PPAR process.”
Department of Human Resources
1 South Van Ness
SF, CA 94102