ApprenticeshipSF is offering quality apprenticeship programs for the City & County of San Francisco.
Our apprentices receive the following benefits:
- A Paycheck. From day one, the apprentices earn a paycheck that increases over time while learning new skills.
- Working for the Bay Area’s Top Employer. The City and County of San Francisco is proud to offer a growing list of registered apprenticeships.
- A Career. A graduating apprentice attains a successful career, with a competitive salary and no student debt.
- National Industry Certification: A graduating apprentice from our registered apprenticeship programs is certified as a journey-level professional in that specific skilled craft or trade. This certification is valid anywhere in the U.S.
Did you know that Veterans have the opportunity to "earn and learn" in a recognized apprenticeship, and may receive GI Bill Educational Benefits?
Eligible Veterans can use GI Bill Educational Benefits for training and/or education. Recognized apprenticeship programs allow Veterans to learn a trade through an apprenticeship, and use the GI Bill benefits to receive a tax-free monthly stipend. The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides a stipend that is the equivalent of the Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) of an E-5 with dependents (varies by employer location), and is paid in addition to the wages earned as an apprentice. Veterans continue to receive a stipend for every month of their apprenticeship. After six months of a Veteran’s apprenticeship, the stipend is gradually reduced – and is offset by progressive wage increases. In addition, many recognized apprenticeships have some classroom training, and apprentices can receive $83 per month for books and supplies.
Sign-Up for Future Opportunities
- If the position you are looking to apply to is not being actively recruited for, you can sign up for job announcements via the "Notify me of Jobs" button on the Job Seekers webpage. If you are interested in a specific job class, you can type the four-digit job code in the keyword field, eg: 3410.
- By signing up, you will receive an email notification when the apprenticeship program you are interested in has openings and is currently accepting applications. Please include an email address you check regularly.