Duration: 2 days
Cost: $380 (includes materials fee)
Target Audience: Anyone who would like to utilize their emotions effectively for improvement in personal and professional performance
Instructor: Denise Van Alstine - (415) 551-8909
How will participants benefit?
- Understand your reactions and broaden your awareness of the role of emotions.
- Handle stress sooner and better.
- Make better choices through real world examples and techniques for raising effective EQ skills: what works, what does not work, and what to do next time.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is one of the most important skills we possess. Employees who develop their EQ skills can more effectively communicate, handle stress well, make good decisions, handle conflict productively, work in teams, respond flexibly to change, and provide top performance. Participants in this highly engaging, interactive workshop will see examples of the 4 Core EQ skills in action: Self- Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, and Relationship Management. They will take a self-assessment to identify their EQ strengths and areas for improvement, and will create their own action plan with goals and recommended strategies to develop their EQ skills.
What are participants saying?
- "I think it is a useful skill for the health and well-being of the workplace."
- "Great class with lots of great strategies."
- "I learned a lot, it was practical and the assessment is useful."
- "The concepts of learning more about myself and the areas I can improve on was very helpful."