Duration: 1 day + half day
Cost: $410 (includes materials fee)
Target Audience: Anyone who needs to plan and lead meetings with staff, teams, or special interest, and stakeholder groups
Instructor: Bobbie Lee - (415) 557-4931 | Ishani Baruah - (415) 749-2544
How will participants benefit?
- Learn a variety of techniques for group engagement and brainstorming
- Investigate different methods for narrowing down options and making final decisions
- Develop strategies for reducing resistance and encouraging participation
- Gain a clearer understanding of group dynamics and motivators
The role of the facilitator is to organize, guide, and manage a group discussion or event to ensure that the group's objectives are met effectively, with clear objectives and engaging activities. Participants will practice a sampling of facilitation techniques and will have the opportunity to create an agenda, and practice a facilitation session for an upcoming event or meeting. Participants will also receive a Facilitation Pocket Guide to use for planning future events and meetings.
Please Note: An extended version of this workshop is also offered as part of the CCSF & MEA Leadership 1.0 Program.
What participants are saying:
- “The tools and activities presented can be applied to any type of meeting. Anyone who facilitates meetings should take this workshop!”
- “Great interactive exercises reinforced instruction, and I can see how these techniques can be applied to a variety of City processes.”
- “This workshop gave me many tools to facilitate meetings and keep participants engaged.”
8:30am - 4:30pm
8:30am - 12:30pm
Department of Human Resources
1 South Van Ness
SF, CA 94102